Friday, May 10, 2024

> Post #197: Living in Paradise



I am writing this blog from my son’s house in Sebastopol, California, the contemporary equivalent of the Garden of Eden. If it had been left to me, I would still be living on Webb’s Hill Road in Connecticut, my home for over sixty years. But fate and a booming real estate market have determined otherwise. Fortunately, my sons live in the Bay Area and have offered to take me in. They both live in what can only be described as preambles to Paradise.




Beautiful clouds are rolling towards me from the Pacific ocean. I'm currently working on metal collages made up from scraps found on the ground from my son's workshop. If you put a pinback on them, they can be worn as jewelry. Plus I am back to my old paper plates series, multi layered and more interesting than ever.







I miss you all, and my studio in Stamford, however, life is an adventure and let's see where it takes me!






10 comments:

  1. Will miss you but I know that this beautiful area will bring loads of joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you, Renee Kahn, in your new Paradise from George Castellion (now in Atria Darien) and his wife Caryl. Grand Memories last forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed a beautiful part of the world. Very happy to hear you are already finding inspiration there!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Delighted you are “in paradise”, Renee. Nobody deserves it more than you to be creating art in Paradise! Love you, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an inspiration!!! Hello to your children. There is always a new phase in life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you Rene!!!…..I love Sebastopal. My sister Diane lived there, and my brother Kerry’s wife Ellen grew up on her family’s farm there. Great to be with your sons, .sorry for you to leave Stamford……California Cheers Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Rene....sending you the very best wishes and love in your new adventure! How wonderful to be with your sons....please keep in touch. Mary Louise Long

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear friend, Leaving Stamford was a good thing for me. It will be the same for you. Bob Robins

    ReplyDelete
  9. Renee, happy Mother’s Day. You are one lucky mother surrounded by your wonderful sons. The place looks amazing! I am so happy for you. I know how we were fretting the thought of going to the airport and getting there!!! So happy that everything worked out so well.
    Lots of love 💕
    Helene Devin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Renee, Best wishes in your new environment. May you continue to bloom on! Cheers, Tom & Rebecca in Maryland

    ReplyDelete